The Josiah Smith House on Meeting Street was built c.1783. Meeting Street, while one of the oldest streets in Charleston, was not always called that. It was once referred to as “Old Church Street” (differentiating it from Church Street, which grabbed that name when St. Philip’s relocated there). The street’s name was changed to Meeting Street about when the Circular Congregational Church located there.
Leave a Reply