The Captain Missroon House has a great view of the oleanders along the High Battery. Built between 1808-1810, in the late 17th century the property was the home of the Granville Bastion — the corner fortress built to protect the walled colony of Charles Town from naval invasions of pirates, Spanish and French. It even was used in the defense against the British during the American Revolution. Cool, huh?
Leave a Reply