This stretch of Queen Street dates back to 1802 and is/was known as Johnson’s Row, after the father/son team who created it. The Johnsons were pretty impressive people. The elder was a successful in business and served in the South Carolina House of Representatives. Junior went to Princeton, became a judge and became the Speaker of the SC House. He was later appointed to the US Supreme Court by Thomas Jefferson.